About The Adventure Park
Adventure Awaits You Here In The Trees!
Fun in the great outdoors—There’s nothing like a day at The Adventure Park at The Discovery Museum! Within five beautiful acres of woodland behind the Museum building you will find our amazing “aerial forest park.” The first of its kind in Connecticut! Experience “adventure in the trees” perfect on your own or with friends, family and parties. Ages five to adult.
Look up—You’ll see a series of platforms in the trees connected by cable, wood, rope and zip lines to form bridges. Each bridge presents a different challenge of how to get to the next platform. A series of bridges form “aerial trails” throughout the forest.
Relax—You don’t have to be a circus acrobat or Tarzan! Choose from eleven different color-coded trails, from “beginner” (easier and lower to the ground) to intermediate, to advanced (the most challenging).
Climb with Confidence—You will receive a complete safety orientation before your climb. Our double-connected, “always-locked-on” climbing system helps keep your climbing harness securely attached to the safety line at all times. The trails are intentionally designed for your self-discovery, making lessons unnecessary. Our Park Guides are available to assist throughout your visit.
The Adventure Park
Outdoor fun in nature’s beauty
• For kids, teens and adults—ages five and up
• Great for group events
• Challenge at your pace and level
• Environmentally friendly - No motors, No electricity
• Builds self-confidence
• “Feel-good exercise”
• Surprise yourself at what you can do
• Tree-friendly—Designed to keep trees and forest healthy
• Family/friends togetherness
• Eleven trails keep it fresh for return visits
• Convenient Tri-State location (One mile off Merritt Parkway, Exit 47)
Learn more—Visit our FAQ page.
--- UPDATES ---
***YES!! - WE ARE OPEN THROUGH THANKSGIVING WEEKEND! - SEE DETAILS BELOW! ***
*** ANNOUNCING NEW ILLUMINATED NIGHT CLIMBING! - $36! -- FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS! ***
2013 REVISED FALL PARK HOURS:
• Fridays: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
• Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
• Sundays/Holidays: 9:00 am - Dusk (currently 5:00 pm)
No Reservations Needed!
(Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am - 4:00 pm)
SEASON CLOSING: We plan to keep The Adventure Park open as late in the season as the weather will consistently permit. Last day is currently expected to be Sunday, 12/1. Please call us or check website for updates. ***
DISCOUNT TWILIGHT RATE BEGINS: 2:00 PM ($36!)
OPEN THESE HOLIDAYS:
• Thanksgiving Weekend (Open 11/29 - 12/1; Closed Thanksgiving Day 11/28) (**Subject to season closing--weather depending**)
PLEASE NOTE: Want a full climb? Make sure to arrive early enough. The courses begin closing down at least 1 hour before the Park closes, beginning with the Black Courses and working down in descending order (Blacks close first, then blues, then greens, and so on.)
General Hours - Fall & Spring: Open to the public weekends and certain holidays. Open 7 days a week for scheduled groups of 10 or more. Rain or shine (except for severe weather.)
General Hours Summer: Open 7 days a week. Rain or shine (except for severe weather.)
First 2013 Visit?
Save time: Prior to your first visit, please visit Pre-Registration get the paperwork (Participation Agreement & Waiver) out of the way in advance of your visit.
- The Adventure Park at Discovery Museum rated "excellent" by travelers